Guest blog post by Holistic Health Practitioner, Certified Counselor of Nutrition and Craniosacral Therapist, Kerry Tepedino.
The holidays are right around the corner and what that can often mean to many people is heightened stress, too much to do, overindulgence and weight gain.
I have mapped out 7 Simple Steps To Stay Slim & Healthy During The Holidays and they are very easy to do. If you stay consistent with these seven simple steps, I guarantee you will sail through this holiday season with more skip in your step, less chatter in your monkey mind, and much more self-love to spread an extra dose of good cheer to those you love.
1) SET YOURSELF UP TO WIN: I know, it sounds so simple, but my question to you, my friend, is this… do you do it? When you go to a holiday party do you bring a healthy dish to share, so you know you have something that you can indulge in freely? Do you make sure to never to go to a holiday party hungry so the first thing you do is nose dive into the bonbons? Pre-planning is a show of self-love.
2) CARRY A CLUTCH: Huh? It is actually an awesome trick that can save you a ton of heartache. Make sure to carry a clutch with you to holiday events, so you aren’t reaching for an extra Cosmo or candy cane cupcake just to keep your hands busy. For all you men out there… carry a camera and capture the moment… it is a great conversation piece.
3) LEAVE THE ELASTIC WAISTBAND AT HOME: Don’t hide in clothes that you swim in. It is a surefire way to lose touch with how much you are indulging in when you can’t feel that waistband getting a little snugger. Wear flattering clothes that you feel confident, sexy and amazing in.
4) DOWNTIME IS NOT OPTIONAL: I get that the natural tendency is to let go of “You Time” when your schedule gets slammed, but that is the path to burn out. A daily dose of downtime doesn’t have to be a big deal. Maybe it is a 20-minute walk outside or a 10-minute morning meditation that feeds your soul. You know what works for you, the key is to schedule it into your calendar and treat it like an appointment you would never, ever flake on.
5) MOVE THAT BODY: Give yourself a nice, natural serotonin lift with a little movement. Find what works for you… is it a hike, walk in nature, yoga? When you figure out what you enjoy doing, then it is not a chore. You will miss it when you don’t do it, not to mention it will help burn any extra calories that sneak their way in and a stellar way to relieve stress.
6) WHISPER SWEET NOTHINGS TO YOURSELF: I wonder what that little monkey mind is squawking at you? Is it saying that you aren’t good enough, you aren’t loveable, you should be something that you are not? Please listen to me with every cell in your being right now… you are ALREADY enough! You are amazing and gaining control of that monkey mind of yours is VITAL to reaching your long-term health goals.
7) CLEAR OUT THE JUNK: I wonder when you did your last cleanse from the inside out? Even if we are uber-careful, it is very hard NOT to accumulate junk in today’s world. I am talking about chemicals, pesticides, preservatives, parabens and so many other things that find their way into your system leading to extra weight, fatigue, inflammation and more. In the ayurvedic tradition they believe in cleansing with the changing of the seasons. Lucky you… I have done all the work for you and put together a 3-Day Cleansing Retreat with Andrea Cox at La Costa Resort and Spa! Join us January 11-13th, 2013. Contact email@example.com for more information!
As you can see getting/being/staying healthy really doesn’t have to be that hard. You simply need to have the right support, guidance, education and accountability to make it happen.
Never hesitate to reach out to me for support, and please consider spending three full days with me LIVE at the 3-Day Cleansing Retreat at La Costa on October 12th, 2012 or January 11th, 2013.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Kerry Tepedino is a Holistic Health Practitioner, Certified Counselor of Nutrition, and Craniosacral Therapist who concentrates on helping individuals shatter the toxic conversation in their head, so they can heal addictions, naturally shed weight, and raise their self-esteem and self-worth, leading to self-love. Kerry’s mission is to empower millions of people to raise their vibration, living a life of freedom around their health physically, mentally, and spiritually. Connect with Kerry personally and grab your free gift at www.kerrytepedino.com today! Connect with Kerry by following her on Twitter or subscribing to her on Facebook.