Try something new this 4th of July and impress your friends with a BBQ recipe from Executive Chef Marc Therrien.
- 12oz can Root Beer
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 ea garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 yellow onion, rough chop
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt to taste
In a medium saucepan, heat oil until ripple appears across top of oil.
Add onion, ginger and garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Do not let burn.
Add rest of ingredients and let simmer on low heat for 20 minutes or until reduced to 1 and 1/2 cups.
Blend until smooth.
*TIP: Best to brush on BBQ sauce after it comes off grill to keep grill from getting sticky and dirty.
Happy 4th of July and we hope you enjoy!