Enjoy this deliciously festive holiday recipe from Omni La Costa Resort & Spa’s pastry chef, Jaimie Hileman.
Eggnog Mousse (makes about 8 servings)
- 1 Packet Gelatin (2 1/4 tsp)
- 3 Tablespoon of Whipping Cream
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Eggnog
- 2 Tablespoon Brandy (optional)
- 4 oz of White Chocolate (by weight)
- 3/4 cup of Chilled Whipping Cream
- 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of Chilled Whipping Cream
- 1 Tblsp of Powdered Sugar, sifted
- Sprinkle of Nutmeg
Put one inch of water in a pan and bring to a simmer. Set up a double boiler with a bowl on top of the pan and melt the white chocolate.
Stir together the gelatin and 3 Tablespoons of cream together in a small bowl, and pour into a small pan. Let stand 5 minutes for gelatin to bloom. While you’re waiting, with an electric mixer, whip egg yolks and sugar until pale yellow, light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low, and slowly whisk in the eggnog.
Heat gelatin over low heat, stirring constantly, just until the gelatin has dissolved. Add the gelatin to the white chocolate mixture all at once, and stir with rubber spatula. Fold in the egg mixture, nutmeg and brandy (if using).
Remove the bowl from the pot and set aside to cool slightly, stirring often (about 5 minutes to room temperature).
Whip 3/4 cup of cream to soft peaks. Gently fold the cream into the eggnog base, being careful not to over mix. Pipe or pour the cream into cups or bowls, and chill for at least an hour.
Just before serving, whip the remaining half cup of cream to soft peaks, sprinkling in the powdered sugar about halfway through. Top each serving with a dollop of the cream and sprinkle nutmeg.
Book the Elves & Eggnog Holiday Vacation Package
for more Omni La Costa Resort & Spa Seasonal Fun
- 20% off Accommodations
- Late Check-out (1pm)
- Eggnog Served Nightly at Diversions Lounge (5-7pm)
- Complimentary In-Room Viewing of the Classic Holiday Movie, Elf
- Breakfast in Bed for Two (Pancakes & Maple Syrup)
- Holiday Candy Cane Turndown Service