Not every journey is about piling into a car or hopping on a plane to travel to your next destination. Sometimes the most important and transformational journeys we take are within ourselves. And no one guides that journey better than the renowned Dr. Deepak Chopra.
An integral part of the resort’s wellness offerings and headquartered right here at La Costa Resort, Deepak Chopra and The Chopra Center teaches students of all ages, professions, interests and backgrounds about the physical and emotional benefits of meditation. Some of those benefits include:
- Decreased blood pressure and hypertension
- Slower heart rate
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Reduced production of “stress hormones,” including cortisol and adrenaline
- Increased production of the anti-aging hormone DHEA
- Stronger immunity and greater happiness and wellbeing
- Decreased anxiety, depression, and insomnia
It’s difficult to argue these benefits, however carving out time during an already compressed day and changing a lifetime of stress-inducing habits is not something that happens overnight….
Enter The Chopra Center 21-Day Meditation Challenge
The program began less than two years ago with a goal of introducing the life-changing benefits of meditation to the masses. A daily healing ritual, this 21-day program of audio meditations – guided by Deepak Chopra and other master teachers – helps participants learn practical techniques for becoming more calm, centered and happy.
Each day, participants in the Chopra Center’s 21-Day Meditation Challenge™ will receive:
- Daily meditations guided by Dr. Deepak Chopra and other Chopra Center master meditation educators
- Practical tips and wisdom for creating lasting change through meditation
- A worldwide community of like-minded individuals exploring the gifts of meditation
While we’re in the midst of this current Meditation Challenge, it’s never too late to join! Register for free here.
Have you ever tried meditation? How did/has it affected you? Any tips for meditation newbies? Feel free to leave your comments below.
“To cite just one major benefit, meditation is enormously helpful in relieving stress, which is the underlying contributor to so many illnesses, including heart disease, diabetes, depression, and chronic pain. Meditation helps the body release stress and return to its natural state of balance and health,” said Dr. Chopra.