Game. Set. Match. Mark your calendars for the 28th annual Southern California Tennis Open from July 29th-August 4th, 2013. The tournament will feature the world’s best WTA players who will be competing for their chance at $795,707 worth of prize money.
Notable athletes playing in the Open include Victoria Azarenka, Agnieszka Radwanska and Marion Bartoli. And as part of the Emirates Airline US Open Series, this tournament’s champions will continue on to the US Open held in September.
With so many matches and activities going on during the week, we’ve broken down a few events your family won’t want to miss!:
- Free admission on July 27th and July 28th to watch players battle it out for a chance at one of four qualifying spots into the main draw. Also, July 27th is Kids Day so come on out for a great day of activities and prizes on and off the court!
- Player autograph signing will be on-site between July 29th-August 1st. Check out the official tournament website for names and times: http://www.southerncaliforniaopen13.com/.
- If you’re an USTA Member, visit the Hospitality tent on July 30th from 2-3:30PM to enjoy refreshments and visit with WTA players. USTA Members will also receive a 30% discount on Grandstand tickets, which can be purchased at the Box Office.
- On July 31st, a special heroes ceremony honoring veterans, military personnel, police and fire personnel will take place during the day.
- Ladies’ Day on August 1st will include a yoga session, an Upper Box seat, an afternoon lunch, a tournament gift bag and the opportunity to meet Martina Hingis, Tennis Hall of Famer.
We are very excited for the competition to come to our home court, and to get you pumped up about the Open is our very own Director of Tennis, Brandon Sieh. Below are two videos welcoming you to Omni La Costa’s Tennis Center, and a quick tennis tip to help you improve your game.